Do you want to explore Llangollen and the surrounding areas by E-Bike?
Our E-Mountain Bikes are for you! With routes available on our website, we’ve got your day sorted. We are trying to encourage sustainable tourism and a greener way to visit Wales. These bikes offer you the power to climb the hills and travel further without getting too tired. This way, you can enjoy the views even more!
Full Day (9:30am -4:30pm) / Half Day Morning (9:30am – 12:30pm) / Half Day Afternoon (1:30pm – 4:30pm)
Full Day: £65 + £5 Insurance Fee to pay on arrival (by Card)
Half Day: £35 + £5 Insurance Fee to pay on arrival (by Card)
What’s included?: Helmet and Bike Lock (we suggest bringing a backpack for the lock as it is a D-Lock and MUST be used if stopping)
Where: Bear Trax, Corner Cabin, 22 Market Street, Llangollen, LL20 8PS
YOU MUST BE AT LEAST 14 YEARS OLD TO RIDE AN E-BIKE IN THE UK.
- Everyone will be required to fill out an agreement on arrival
- Under 18’s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Photo ID (with current address) must be provided and left with us until the E-Bike is returned
- £5 insurance fee to pay on arrival ( by Card)
- All E-Bikes must be paid for via Credit or Debit card. These details will be held until the E-Bike is returned in the same condition it went out in. Hire will be refused without these details.
- Please read our Terms and Conditions below.
What size do I need?
We have Small, Medium and Large Frames. Following Orbea’s guidance, please select your size from your height.
Small: Height 150cm-165cm
Medium – Height 165cm-175cm
Large – Height >175cm
Do I need to wear a helmet?
Yes. You are required to wear a helmet when riding our E-Bikes. A Helmet is included in your hire.
How much does it cost?
A full days hire is £65 + £5 non-refundable insurance fee
A half days hire is £35 + £5 non-refundable insurance fee
What should i wear/bring?
How many hours is a full day?
E-bikes can be collected from 9:30AM and must be dropped off by 4:30PM. You will not be refunded for early returns.
What if I only want an E-Bike for a few hours?
We do not offer hire by the hour. You will be charged for full day or half day hire even if you pick it up late or drop it back early.
Do I need to pre-book?
You are welcome to turn up on the day and check, but we cannot guarantee we will have any available. We would always recommend pre-booking to avoid disappointment on the day.
What age do I have to be?
Under UK law, you must be at least 14 years old to ride an E-Bike. Anyone aged 14-17 years old must have a responsible adult over the age of 18 with them.
Do I need insurance?
You will need to pay a £5 non-refundable insurance fee on arrival. This insurance will cover accidental damage to the E-Bike.
What else should I know?
You will be required to sign a waiver before taking an E-Bike out. We will also ask you to provide a photo ID (with current address). This will be returned on return of the E-Bike, as long as it is in the same condition it was taken out in. We will also require a Credit/Debit card for the booking, these details will be kept as a security deposit. The details will then be shredded on return of the E-Bike.
If you have any further questions, you can call us on 01978 532414 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read all Terms and Conditions below prior to booking.
- All bookings are subject to availability. Bookings can be pre-booked online, over the phone or in person. We also accept walk-ins, provided we have the availability.
- 3.5 hour afternoon sessions maybe available on the day but cannot be pre booked. This will not be available until 1PM. (Summer only)
- Bear Trax has a 24 Hour Cancellation Policy. If you cancel within this 24 hour period, you will still be charged the full amount.
- Bear Trax reserves the right to hold credit/debit card details as a security deposit until the bike has been returned in the same condition as it was when hired out. Any damages caused to the bike by misuse will be charged to the hirer upon return.
- A £5 non-refundable fee will be charged at the time of arrival for insurance whilst the Bike is in the hirer’s hands.
- The Hire period starts when the hirer has provided photo ID showing proof of address, accepted the terms and conditions and signed the rental agreement. The Hire period ends when the hirer has returned the bike back to Bear Trax in good condition.
- The hirer will not misuse the equipment and agree to treat the equipment responsibly.
- The hirer will wear a helmet when riding the E-Bikes and ride sensibly at all times.
- If stopping, the bike must be locked with the lock provided by Bear Trax.
Terms and Conditions
The Terms and Conditions of hire and use of hire equipment from BearTrax Ltd. are subject to change at any time without notice, at the discretion of the management of BearTrax Ltd. Bear Trax Ltd. goes by the trading name Bear Trax.
1. The Hirer takes full responsibility for the care and use of the hire equipment for the hire period. The hire period starts when payment has been made, agreement signed and ID provided. The hire period ends when the E-Bike has been returned to Bear Trax in the same condition it was sent out in.
2. Failure to return the E-Bike to Bear Trax will result in recovering the full retail value of the E-Bike using the card saved on file.
3. Bear Trax reserves the right to refuse hire to anyone, at any time. This is the decision of Bear Trax management.
4. E-Bikes must be locked to a permanent fixture when left unattended with the Bike lock provided by Bear Trax. In the event the bike gets stolen the hirer will contact Bear Trax immediately. If the bike gets stolen whilst unattended and has not been locked up, the hirer agrees to pay the full retail value of the E-Bike. The hirer also takes all responsibility of keys for the locks provided and agrees to replace these in the event they are lost or stolen.
5. The Hirer agrees to leave payment card details and a valid form of photo ID (showing current address) as a security deposit.
6. The Hirer agrees to paying a fee for insurance to cover any accidental loss or damage to the hire equipment during the hire period. Any loss or damage caused due to misuse of the hire equipment will NOT be covered, therefore the hirer agrees to repay any costs for such loss of damage.
7. The Hirer must let Bear Trax know immediately of any loss or damage, that cannot be repaired by the hirer.
8. A late fee will be added for any bikes returned from 5:30PM onwards. The hirer must let Bear Trax know if they are going to be late back. The E-Bike will be reported stolen if there has been no contact by 7PM and the full cost of the E-Bike will be charged to the payment card.
9. Helmets are provided and MUST be worn when riding the bike.
10. The Hirer agrees to being responsible on the E-Bike and have awareness of UK laws regarding use of E-Bikes on public roads. Hirers are expected to follow the Highway Code.
11. The Hirer is must understand the risk of biking and is responsible for ensuring that they are in sound physical and mental condition when hiring an E-Bike from Bear Trax. Bear Trax will not accept any responsibility for the failure to complete a hire period due to lack of fitness or injury.